MBH to BTU is one of the simplest conversions in HVAC. It is important to note that MBH can also be abbreviated as mBTU; that’s why mBTU to BTU conversion is the same as MBH to BTU conversion.
To help you out with this easy conversion, we have prepared these 3 useful resources for you guys:
- Simple MBH to BTU conversion formula.
- Easy-to-use MBH to BTU (same as mBTU to BTU) calculator. You just insert the MBH, and the calculator will convert that to BTU (works like a charm).
- MBH to BTU conversion chart. Here we gathered mBTU to BTU conversion result for 1 mBTU – 200 mBTU converted to BTU/h.
Let’s first look at what units we are converting since many people are asking us what does MBH stand for in HVAC:
- MBH or mBTU is a unit that represents thousand of BTU. That means that 1 MBH = 1000 BTU, the same as 1 mBTU = 1000 BTU. That ‘M’ is a bit unfortunate unit naming. Basically, mBTU would suggest that we are talking about million BTUs; however, mBTU is equal to 1000 BTU. A more appropriate unit abbreviation would be kBTU or kilo-BTU since kilo = 1000 in Latin (‘m’ would be ‘mega’ or 1,000,000).
- BTU or British Thermal Unit is a unit of cooling/heating energy in HVAC. BTU is defined as the energy needed to heat or cool 1 pound of water by 1 degree Fahrenheit.
To convert MBH to BTU, we use this dead-simple formula:
BTU = MBH / 1000
Basically, all we need to do to convert MBH or mBTU to BTU, is to divide MBH by 1000.
You can do this by hand, or use this simple conversion calculator (followed by the conversion chart that makes the conversion even easier):
MBH To BTU Calculator
Here you simply input MBH (same as mBTU) and you will get how many BTU is that:
Let’s look at one example:
Let’s say you see 30 MBH written on a boiler. What does that mean in terms of BTU? Just slide the slider to ’30’ and you get the result: 30 MBH is equal to 30,000 BTU.
That means that your boiler is capable of generating 30,000 BTU of heat (to heat water).
This is just one example. You can play around with the calculator, or use this mBTU to BTU conversion chart here:
MBH To BTU Chart
|MBH or mBTU:||BTU:|
|1 MBH||1000 BTU|
|10 MBH||10,000 BTU|
|20 MBH||20,000 BTU|
|30 MBH||30,000 BTU|
|40 MBH||40,000 BTU|
|50 MBH||50,000 BTU|
|60 MBH||60,000 BTU|
|70 MBH||70,000 BTU|
|80 MBH||80,000 BTU|
|90 MBH||90,000 BTU|
|100 MBH||100,000 BTU|
|120 MBH||120,000 BTU|
|140 MBH||140,000 BTU|
|160 MBH||160,000 BTU|
|180 MBH||180,000 BTU|
|200 MBH||200,000 BTU|
As you can see, converting MBH (1000s of BTUs) to BTU is incredibly simple.
Just from this chart you can see, as an example, that 50 MBH is equal to 50,000 BTU.
If you need any help with the mBTU to BTU conversion, you can use the comment section below, give us some numbers, and we will help you in figuring out how to do this conversion.
Table of Contents