Heating is a process of using power (gas, oil, electricity, solar panels, hardwood, pellets, etc.) to increase the temperature of air or water.
In HVAC (H stands for Heating), we deal with heating up indoor air (especially during winter) and water (ie. tankless water heaters).
The most important appliances for heating indoor air are furnaces, stoves, space heaters, radiators, fireplaces, fire pits, heat pumps, and so on. One of the key resources here is the BTU heating calculator (check it out here).
Here is the full range of free resources LearnMetrics has a far as all kind of heating is concerned:
We categorize furnaces by the choice of fuel. This can be either natural gas or propane, oil, or electricity. Hence we talk about gas furnaces, oil furnaces and electric furnaces:
- Best High Efficiency Gas Furnace Brands, Costs (+ Installation)
- AFUE Rating For Furnaces: How To Calculate AFUE Savings?
Useful Resources For Furnaces
- Furnace Size Calculator: What Size Furnace Do I Need?
- 4 Best HVAC UV Lights For AC/Furnaces (No Mold + Keep Efficiency)
Tankless Water Heaters
Tankless water heaters are used to produce hot water on demand (within 15 seconds).
You have two kinds of tankless water heaters; bigger ones are powered by gas (natural gas or propane) and smaller ones are powered by electricity. Here you can check lists of the best tankless water heaters, with useful informational articles about these units. We start with the summary of the best tankless heaters currently on the market:
Gas Tankless Water Heaters (Natural Gas Or Propane)
Electric Tankless Water Heaters
Useful Resources For Tankless Water Heaters
- How Much Electricity Does A Tankless Water Heater Use? (Per Hour, Month, Year)
- What Size Tankless Water Heater Do I Need? (2 Examples)
- Electric VS Gas Tankless Water Heater: Head-To-Head Comparison
Space heaters use electricity or gas to heat up one or many rooms. This can be any room; a bedroom, living room, bathroom, or even a garage. Patio heaters are also included since they warm the space around them outdoors.
- 8 Best Space Heaters For Large Rooms (Up To 1,000 Sq Ft Supplemental Heating)
- 5 Best Ventless Propane Heaters In 2021 (Gas Blue Flame Heaters)
- 5 Most Energy Efficient Space Heaters In 2021 (Thermostat + ECO Mode)
- 8 Best Propane Heaters In 2021 (For All Uses)
- 5 Best Outdoor Propane Patio Heaters In 2021
- How Much Does It Cost To Run An Electric Heater? (+ Cost Calculator)
- 8 Best Garage Heaters In 2021 For 1,2,3,4-Car Garages
- How Many BTU To Heat A Garage? (1,2,3,4-Car Garage Heater Sizes)
Stoves are HVAC appliances that generate heat using wood, pellets, and other natural materials. They are primarily used for space heating but they do hold an aesthetic appeal as well:
- 5 Best Pellet Stoves In 2021 (For 500-2,500 Sq Ft Homes)
- How Does A Pellet Stove Work? (7-Step Cycle)
Fireplaces are sometimes primarily used for their aesthetic appeal; a part of interior design, if you will. Here we get a bit more technical about the heating outputs of fireplaces and their specifications:
- 6 Best Wall Mount Electric Fireplaces In 2021 That Look Magnificent
- How Much Does It Cost To Run An Electric Fireplace? (Per Hour, Month)
We are continuously adding more informational and product-specific articles as far as heating is concerned.