The primary concern as far as humidity is concerned is high humidity. Too low humidity can be quite easily solved with very basic humidifiers.
The optimum relative humidity levels indoors should be between 30% and 50%. Especially in the summer season, indoor humidity levels can easily surpass 60%. That can increase the chances of mold growth and just feels clammy in general.
While air conditioners do offer some dehumidification capabilities, the main HVAC devices to reduce humidity are dehumidifiers.
With dehumidifiers, you can set adequate relative indoor humidity rates and protect your home. On top of that, you can reduce your own sweating and other unpleasant effects of high humidity.
That’s why we prepared several lists of the best dehumidifiers for specific purposes and spaces or based on specific specifications (noise levels, energy efficiency, and so on). Even more importantly, you will find useful resources covering general questions that pertain to dehumidifiers:
- 4+6 Best Whole-House Dehumidifiers In 2023 (Ducted, Portable)
- 7 Best Dehumidifiers For Basement 2023 (Powerful 70-Pint Units)
- 5 Most Energy Efficient Dehumidifiers In 2023 (Over 1.67 L/kWh IEF)
- 4 Quietest Dehumidifiers With Below 53 dB Noise Levels
- 8 Best Commercial Dehumidifiers In 2023 (Based On Specs)
- 5 Best Small Dehumidifiers In 2023 (+ Compact Mini Dehumidifiers)
Useful Dehumidifier Resources And FAQ
- How Does A Dehumidifier Work? (Simple 2-Step Principle)
- What Size Dehumidifier Do I Need? (Dehumidifier Sizing Chart By AHAM)
- Dehumidifier Power Efficiency: Do Dehumidifiers Use A Lot Of Electricity?
- How Much Does It Cost To Run A Dehumidifier? (Electricity Use Calculator)
- Does A Dehumidifier Cool A Room? (That’s Crazy)
- Basement Dehumidifier Setting: What % Humidity Is Too High?
- Should You Run A Dehumidifier And Air Conditioner At The Same Time?
- How Does Humidity Affect Temperature? (+ Temp-Humidity Chart)
- Dew Point Calculator + Dew Point Chart (With Formula)
- Dehumidifier Freezing Up (Even Icing Up): 5 Common Causes & Fixes
- Should I Run My Dehumidifier On Low, Medium, Or High? (Simple)
- How Long Does A Dehumidifier Take To Work? 5-10 Minutes?
- How Much Water Should A Dehumidifier Collect In A Day? (20-170 Pint Chart)
- Should A Dehumidifier Run Constantly 24/7? In Basement All The Time?
- When Should I Turn Off A Dehumidifier? Winter vs Summer + 50% RH
- Best Time Of Day To Use Dehumidifier Effectively? (10 PM To 8 AM)
With that, you can get a good grip on ins and outs of dehumidifiers and the control of indoor relative humidity rates.
- 5 Big Humidifiers For Large Rooms In 2023 (With 500+ Sq Ft)
- 4 Best Easy To Clean Humidifiers In 2023 (+ Dishwasher-Safe)
- What Should Humidity Be In House In Winter? Humidifier Settings
- Best Bedroom Humidifiers In 2023 Placed By The Bedside
- Where To Put Humidifier? (7 Golden ‘Best Place’ Rules + Bonus Tip)